Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs, may he rest in peace.


When a great thinker and innovator passes, we all feel it. The brainpower and insight such men and women bring to the table seems like a source of capital or enrichment that we all share in. So it is natural to feel such a loss with the death of Steve Jobs. I have to say, I was cheering for Mr. Jobs because of some parallels in our lives. We were born in the same year and both have fought with pancreatic cancer. Seeing him become leaner while I watched the same thing happen in my body created a vague sort of solidarity. So with his passing, it is with a strange mixture of admiration and sadness and even dread that I feel. I want to read all about his life, and at the same time, I want no more information and desire to be willfully ignorant. Very interestingly, Amy and I were looking at iphones yesterday, since we have an opportunity to upgrade our phones. Mr. Jobs, you were one of a kind, and will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment