Friday, July 8, 2011

Bad news/Good news, part 2



Greetings everyone -
As if this year hadn't ladled enough on my plate, it is my sad duty to report the passing of my dear, sweet father, who lost his battle with pulmonary fibrosis on July 5. He died surrounded by loving family, and will be greatly missed. He was a very kind, wise, generous and loving man. Family was everything to him, and my sisters and I consider ourselves very fortunate to have had him as a father. He was a grandfather second to none. He was a larger than life figure, both in his professional and personal life. I will post more about him later. The picture above is from my childhood, and, although not to flattering to me, I value more than gold.

In other news, my blood tests are moving in the right direction. I am not in normal ranges yet, but things seem to be improving slowly, so we are less concerned. I promise to keep you updated. Amy and I are taking a few days away to ourselves to regroup before the memorial service and a meeting with the oncologist. Thank you all for your kind words and support.
Swami bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment