Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tina the Angel
















One of the most amazing parts of this journey I have been cast upon is the appearances of "angelic" presences that have come into my life. From the nurses at Scripps Memorial to the Reiki Queens I spoke of earlier, from dear old friends calling at a dark hour to sweet neighbors bringing delicious food, all kinds of healing energy has been coming my way. Allow me to introduce Tina Chien, practitioner of the healing arts. Twice a week Tina come to see me and I submit to her subtle but very powerful healing touch, which puts me in a very deep, still place that I am sure has helped by healing. We seem to have a meditative journey together during these sessions. I have such gratitude for her assistance with my recovery.

In other news, due to circumstances beyond my control my chemo has been delayed once again. I'll spare you the details of this. I would seem that I will be getting my treatments right here in Encinitas, which is probably for the better what with traffic and gas prices. I met with an herbalist today who will be supporting my treatment with an individualized herbal formula. In the meantime, I have still been gaining in strength and weight, both good things. I guess I'm trying to bank some calories in advance of chemo, or at least that give me an excuse to eat a lot. I don't know exactly what I weigh right now, but I am probably still down about 20 lbs. I mention this because of my duties as a Wedding Officiant. The last two weekends I have put on my formal clothes for ceremonies, and I was swimming in them. ("Really, they used to fit! I didn't just buy these at the Goodwill!") And to think, just a few months ago I was worried about outgrowing said clothes.
Now I am worried about keeping my pants up.
Nevertheless, it felt very good to be doing what I do once again, helping these wonderful young couples with their ceremonies.
And being healthy enough to once again navigate the world at large.
That feels good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment