Wednesday, April 6, 2011

An Interesting Day

Today was an interesting day. I woke up early and was able to unload the dishwasher! This is the first thing I have done in over two weeks that is not only for my own condition. It felt good, a minor milestone, if you will. I then had a tube feeding, which took a couple of hours. Then, with a few raindrops falling down, I listened to a guided meditation provided by our friend Cat Light. This put me into a very deep state of relaxation, and I slept or something like it; a profoundly altered state.

I was able to eat a decent lunch and get it downstream without any problem, another small victory. I settled in to read and knock out some crossword puzzles. A shower and a shave, although a bit of an ordeal with my tubes and dressings, sure does make you feel better. Cat also introduced us to a wonderful lady named Tina, who has been trained as a healer and works for free! They stopped by around 4 pm and Tina worked her magic on me right on the living room couch. Again, I entered a profoundly deep state of consciousness. I know from my work that such states are very potent adjuncts to healing. Thank you Tina, thank you Cat; it would seem that the Universe is “conspiring in my favor”.

All in all it was a very good, restful and healing day. A few more like this, and I may be ready to try folding some laundry! So many nice notes from clients, friends and former students has really warmed my heart. Thank you all for you good wishes and kind words; it feeds my soul.

2 comments:

  1. Oh so happy to hear that the healing session with Tina was magical for you. I love that you are looking at the small milestones and enjoying your progress. I know there will be a time in the far future when you will reflect on how well you dealt with your health challenge.
    And, of course, CatGirl, is an alter ego for Cat Light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara Rosario-Booras (AKA roudyrat)April 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM

    Bruce
    I am so happy to hear that each day you are making positive milestones. We miss you a bunch at Wednesday night sessions and hope you will be back to urge us on very soon. May a cocoon of positive thought embrace you and keep you warm with loving thoughts.
    Shaanti

    ReplyDelete