Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reader's Digestion

I’ve done enough reading about the recovery from the Whipple procedure to know that the likelihood of digestive weirdness is quite high. I have been sailing along doing quite well until last Friday afternoon when my bowels decided to exist in some parallel universe from the one I have been inhabiting. I will spare you the details, but let’s just say I was very uncomfortable and my eating and sleeping patterns, already impacted, were disturbed even more. I assumed this was a transitory condition, but by Sunday morning, no real improvement. Thank god for the internet, and the gracious Dr Bhoyrul giving me his personal email address. You see, Dr B is in London this week, checking in on his mother. I could have contacted his colleague he left in charge, and I was loath to bother him on his personal time. But a quick email strategy session led to some over the counter meds and a script for some digestive enzymes and as I write this on Sunday evening, I am feeling much better.

I would also like to apologize to any and all dear friends who had hoped to visit over this time, but I put off because of this situation. I’ll be better soon, and as my energy level improves I would love to visit with each and every one of you.

Also, since it is springtime, one of the busiest times in the garden, we have fallen behind in our chores and duties. Amy, for some reason, won’t let me pull weeds or sift compost. But we have tomatoes to plant and mulch to lay down, etc. If anyone knows of a like minded person, young or not-so-young, who we could hire to help us with our yard/garden work for a day or a couple of half-days, let us know. Now if the Lakers could just win a damn game…

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the Lakers.
    Hope all is going up hill from here. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete